Missionary Steve Puckett
Below is an excerpt from Chris’s report:
I’m glad to report that evangelism has been the story of January and 2018 is off to a great start! We have not been ashamed of the gospel and it has indeed been the power of God unto salvation for several individuals who have believed this month! Praise God!!
- 6 salvations in one day! (5 at the Mission Norman “Coffee Shop”, and 1 at Salvation army)
- At least 8 gospel presentations that day
- Also, the week before I had the opportunity to share the gospel with 22 individuals all at once at Salvation Army using the Evangecube! (No known salvations but a couple really good conversations afterward) Also shared with two others who wanted a ride to McDonald’s.
- Also shared the gospel with Nigerian at Walmart who was already a believer. He said he would begin using the Evangecube I game him.
Little Church, Big Heart
Although small in number, our church is very big in heart. Nancy, Jamie, and Jacque all went to the Salvation Army in sub-freezing degree temperatures (close to 20 degrees!) to distribute warm clothes, food, and tracts to the homeless who were taking refuge there.
Growing Apartment Ministry
God is at work in the Chapel Ridge Apartment ministry and it’s starting to grow! We had 13 kids attend recently and I also had the opportunity to pray with Jalen, a teenager at Chapel Ridge who opened up about his grandfather being in the hospital this past week. New management has taken over and it seems we have more favor than we even had before and may possibly gain access to the gym which we didn’t have before. Nancy has begun helping out with this ministry and one of office assistants, Rachel, has expressed interest in helping with the ministry.
We were able to be part of two big evangelism events! At both, I was honored to share testimony with several pastors of how being trained in EE has been life-changing.
- EE’s Equip America – helped train two folks and shared the gospel with three people
- BGCO Evangelism conference at Southern Hills Baptist Church
This conference was very good for the soul! I was greatly encouraged, with my enthusiasm for evangelism being renewed as well as my desire to glorify the Lord through songs of praise!
In addition to those things Chris mentioned above – we were able to:
- Have several guest preachers (church planters from OKC) – Nathan Brewer, Thomas Mobly
- In addition to what Chris mentioned above, Carol (one of the ladies from our church that we have trained in evangelism) and I also were able to participate in the EE Equip America. We were able to train two additional people in the On-the-Job Training phase. We had one profession of faith during that out-reach.
- Make additional preparations for the new Bible study at Savanna House.
- Prepare our van for service.
We are trying to develop plans for the New Year in the following areas:
- Moving from mission status to a church
- Starting an additional apartment bible study ministry
- Beginning a van ministry
- Starting an additional semester of evangelism training in the spring
Thank you for all of your support. Come and see us when you get a chance and please – pray for us and the work here in Norman.
Sunday School – 9:30 am
Morning Service – 10:30 am
Evening Bible Study – 5:00 pm
Evening Bible Study (Family Reunion) – 7:30 pm