Missionary Steve Puckett
Greetings from Norman, OK. We are continuing our work here, but have shifted our direction somewhat. We are spending less time at the food pantry on the east side of town and are trying to spend more time focusing on discipleship and less on evangelistic outreach. We have moved our Wednesday evening Bible study from Chris’ house to the church building.
Some of our future plans include:
- Starting some Thursday evening Bible studies at Chapel Ridge Apartments – one for adults and one for youth, please be praying about this.
- Starting a Hispanic Bible Study
- EE Share Your Faith (SYF) workshop – tentatively planning for September.
- If you know of those interested in learning how to effectively share their, give me a call at (405) 570-8325 and we will do what we can to assist.
- EE EV2 Semester (EV2) – will follow the SYF workshop and last approximately two months.
- EE SYF Workshop at Broken Bow, Oklahoman – trying to assist Oak Grove Baptist Church in developing an evangelism program. (By the way, if you would be interested in hosting a SYF Workshop, let us know and we will see if we can assist you in that).
- Starting an ESL class
We had one rededication last Sunday night. As Chris said “It has been beautiful to see the Lord work in the life of Toni. The church has worked together to adopt her into the family and help her through the hard time that she’s going through. And she rededicated herself to Christ!”.
Other notes from Chris:
Our church is very outreach focused – Carol is helping to train a church in OKC on Sunday nights in evangelism and Nancy goes to the Salvation Army every Wednesday night with Penny (from Southgate) to give out food, supplies, and share the gospel when they have the opportunity. I was able to participate one Wednesday and we were able to share the hope of the gospel with a couple – the woman had lost a child at very young age through an accident which has affected her and her relationship with God. The Spirit seemed to touch her and she broke down in tears as we shared the gospel with her.
Thank you for all of your support. Come and see us when you get a chance and please – pray for us and the work here in Norman.
Sunday School – 9:30 am
Morning Service – 10:30 am
Evening Bible Study – 5:00 pm
Evening Bible Study (Family Reunion) – 7:30 pm